What is Outlook? How to make Outlook account? How to do Outlook sign in? In our todays topic we cover all detail about Outlook and its sign in process. Stay and share our content with Outlook new users.
Outlook login also called Outlook.com sign in. MSN Outlook login is another name.
Go directly to Outlook.com.
outlook is basically a free web-based email service which is bought by the Microsoft in 1997 in exchange of a sum of $400 million from its founder, Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia. It is now commonly called as Windows Live Hotmail. A free outlook account provides you a space of 5 GB with a great security and ample of options for customization. The simple interface loads fast and thankfully, at the time of writing, no flashy image banners are displayed.
Signing in to outlook
To sign in to your hotmail account, simply enter your full email address (like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) in the ‘Windows live ID’ field and password at the next field. Then, hit the ‘enter’.
By checking on the Remember me on this computer option, you can get rid of the typing is id for the future logins. But it is highly recommended that do not use this option at any shared computer.
For some additional security outlook provides ’HTTPS’ sign in method. Click on the ‘Use enhanced security’ link to load the same page through https which is a more secure protocol and encrypts any information you send over the internet.
Checking email, once you are signed in
After the successful sign in you will find a splash screen i.e. ‘MSN Today’ page or the list of your emails. If you get the ‘MSN Today’ page then, click on the go to inbox option. At the outlook account page, you can see the ‘inbox’ at the left side. The number into the parenthesis beside the ‘inbox’ denotes the number of unread mails.
Outlook Sign In: Topic
Outlook sign in is a process to go into Outlook account dashboard. Note: Outlook is previously called Hotmail. If you have Hotmail sign in account, then dont need to create new Outlook account to enjoy Microsoft features.
But if you new to Outlook or Hotmail, then first follow some process to have new Outlook login account.
In our next topic we cover, how to view Outlook sign in history to find your login activities. If you get error in Outlook sign in page. Then contact with our Outlook sign in expert.
How To Get Outlook Login Account
Well, first need sign in process. If you know how to sign up then you find Outlook sign up is easy and dont need any time. Remember, after having Outlook, you can get email notification. Whenever some site like social media, Facebook, Twitter needs email notification. You can Outlook to get confirmation and complete sign up.
- Go to www.outlook.com after opeing web browser. Alternatively, download Outlook app and run and follow new sign up.
- When Outlook login page (Hotmail login page) opens, find register new account link.
- Open register new account link and follow sign up process.
- Mobile number is needed.
After Having Outlook Sign In Account
Now, with above sign up steps, you can get Outlook. To sign in your Outlook account, go to homepage of Outlook with same www.outlook.com address. Now in username enter your email address and in password field enter password. Hit sign in button.
Note: you can choose @outlook.com or @Hotmail.com in email.
When you open Hotmail inbox, you find email from Microsoft. This is welcome email. In new compose button, create new Hotmail email and add recipient account.
You can send email to any email service provider user. From Outlook, you can send email to Gmail user, Yahoo user, AOL user or any email address.
www.outlook.com provides a solid security features. It is straight forward and very easy to use. The outlook service is provided by the Microsoft Corporation, since 1997. Till today, it is immensely popular among the business persons, student and others. Unfortunately, outlook lacks POP or IMAP access and secure messaging is not supported. Also the spam filter of this free mailing service needs to be improved.
Now let’s have a look on the pros and cons of the outlook.com email service.
• Outlook has an option that restricts the mails from any unknown mailers. It is very effective to block the spam.
• Outlook can be accessed comfortably from the Outlook and Outlook Express.
• Outlook has a rich text editor which makes the writing easy.
• Outlook do not provide any labelling option for the mails.
• The junk mail filter needs improvement.
• Outlook offers no POP or IMAP access and lacks email encryption and digital signatures
Outlook quick facts
Now, let’s have an eye on the quick facts of Outlook :
- It is a free web-based mail provider.
- It offers ten custom filters for mail sorting.
- It is hassle free to recover any email from the junk folder.
- It has a secure log in i.e. HTTPS mode, for providing extra security to the users.
- The attachments are automatically scanned by Outlook.
- For wring mails, it provides WYSIWYG HTML editor.
- You can access up to four POP accounts through Outlook
These are things that Outlook provides to its users. Overall, it is a very good free mailing service. The HHTPS option is very good for secure mailing.
Outlook on Android (configuration)
Outlook is a free web based mailing service that is provided by the Microsoft Corporation. Even after the stiff competition with Gmail and YahooMail, the windows hotmail is still very popular. There are millions of users all round the globe for the hotmail. In this article, I will discuss about how to set up Outlook for the android phones.
Things you need
Before we start, make sure couple things that are mentioned below:
1. You must have a valid windows live user name and password.
2. You must check that your account is accessible or not.
POP3 email on an Android
Step – 1: First of all, tap ‘mail’. For the home screen, go for the following settings: “Mail > Menu > More > New Account…”
Step – 2: Now, set the account type as “Other (POP3/IMAP)” and select “Manual Setup”.
Step 3: Make the settings as follows:
• Protocol set to POP
• Email address the e-mail address that you are going to be using
• Username This will be the user name you were given when the account was created
• Password – The password will also have been supplied to you, please note the password is case sensitive
• POP Server Host Name needs to be set to mail.yourdomainname.co.uk
• Security Type- From the list of options, select none
• Server Port – Change port number to 110
Step – 4: Click ‘Next’ and make the settings as shown:
• Check the “Login Required” tick box and then re-enter your user name and password (if not auto filled)
• SMTP Server -Type in mail.yourdomainname.co.uk
• Security Type- Select none from list of options
• Server Port – Change port number to 2525
Step – 5: Click ‘next’ and ‘save’ your settings.
Setup Outlook email for the Android
Now, for setting up your Outlook account make the following settings as shown:
• POP Server – type pop3.live.com
• Security Type – select SSL
• SMTP server – ensure that you type smtp.live.com
• Security Type – select TLS
• Server Port – port number should be changed to 587
Save these settings and enjoy sending and receiving Hotmail on your Google Android phone.
How to register on outlook
Outlook is a free web based email service which is provided by the Microsoft Corporation. In 1997, the outlook was owned by the Microsoft. Sending, receiving and organizing emails in the outlook or Windows Live Hotmail, is very easy. After the creation of your outlook account, you can also use the several Microsoft features via your Windows Live ID. You can use the programs like Windows Live Messenger and Xbox Live, with the same outlook id. Registering with the outlook is very simple and required some steps which are discussed below in this article.
Steps for registering
1. Go to the live.com from where you can register for a outlook account.
2. Now, click the ‘sign up’ button and you will be directed to a new page.
3. At this page you have to provide some of your personal details for registering. Do not worry; the online form is very simple.
4. Enter the outlook address you want to use in the box next to Windows Live ID. Click Check Availability to see if the address is available for use.
5. Now, create a password that you want to use for your outlook account. The password must be unique and should contain letters with numeric figure.
6. Up next, you have to enter an alternate email id. This is useful if you forget your password. Also fill up the area of security question. This is also very important for the password retrieval.
7. Enter your personal information like your name, your country and state, your zip code, your gender, and your birth year in the appropriate boxes.
8. Type the letters and numbers from the security image and click I accept to complete registration for your outlook address.